Sunday, March 8, 2009

Interior Photography

So Lately, I have been trying my hand at interior photography. Where I am located, there are no real shops where I can get supplies like gels and such in easy demand. I have to order them online, and pay shipping and import duties, and this lengthens my time frame for the shoot.

Now, I have only done this a few times, but unless I change location, I have come up with a philosophy; use what light I got and walk with my white balance card and tripod. Of the stuff I have done, these were the only tools I had available to me. So I would take multiple exposures and try HDR using Photomatix if possible. Here are a few examples of this.....

This works, at least for me, in these spaces but on the third shoot I ever did I encountered this problem....
There was a need to capture outside as well. Once again, at least at the moment, I cannot afford the big light setups, so I had to use two exposures and blend them together to get it. It was interesting and fun as this was the first time I ever used the technique.

So I have a few more shoots to do and I will add a few pics here so that ou can view and critique away. Even these here, I am very eager to hear what you have to say about them and what ways I can improve.

Here are a few more just for fun and critique.

Bye.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dudlew, I love the depth of the corridor shot and the last shot conveys a certain presence, as if someone just left the room...it doesn't have that "staged" look - love it.

    ReplyDelete